Mystery Beads.... and Copper













I love the look of these beads with the copper and leather. My family brought them back from Mexico last year for me, but unfortunately, we've misplaced the name of the beads! They almost seem as though they are a clay of some type because the drill hole seems like a chalk or hardened clay, but... we were told they are stones of some kind. If you have any idea what these might be, I'd really appreciate the information. I've been searching for a while, but haven't found anything even close.

I hammered these copper pieces and then used a mixed color of copper to accent the metal. The necklace is meant to be worn close to the neck like a choker. I think, having chatted with some of you now on this, I might call them Artistic Beads if I can't identify them as a natural stone. They are just beautiful and I hope the images do them some justice.

Again - any further help with the beads would be great, if you recognize them!
Many hugs.

Thanks for visiting Perfectly Twisted Jewelry! Please contact me with comments or questions!
IzzyzGumbo@gmail.com

7 comments:

ThisThisAndThat said...

Susan
I love what you have done with the mystery beads. The design really reflects there beauty

RockMeGently said...

Great pieces...artistic beads works well :)

A Beaded Affair said...

Love the look of those beads. Don't care what they are because they are so pretty and I love what you did with them.
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com

IzzyGumbo said...

Thanks ladies! I love them too and appreciate your comments. I'm still on the job hunt, so I'm sorry I've not been by your blogs this week, but I will catch up as soon as I can. Many hugs.

mrs beadsley said...

really lovely designs - I love copper and you've done a great job on the hammering and wrapping! The stones are lovely and harmonize well with the wire......sorry I have no idea what they are.

Szarka's said...

I love those mystery beads!

Unknown said...

Meerchaum its a stone, they usually make pipes for smoking tobacco out of this stone. It is found in Tanzania as well and they would also make beads of the stone which look similar to the beads in your photos. I really like your jewelry. How do you treat the copper to avoid oxidation in the future? sally rodriguez